Critical Power Test
A critical power test is now considered the key assessment session for time trialists, road races and track riders alike. This test will identify your Functional Threshold Power It can be defined as:
“The highest exercise intensity that can be maintained for a significant period of time without fatigue”
Knowledge of a riders critical power is crucial when following a structured training plan. Our tests will enable prediction of Critical Power, Functional Threshold Power (FTP) and also Anaerobic Work Capacity. Once this test has been performed and the power numbers are identified riders are able to plan their training accordingly.
The test protocol involves a range of warm up drills before undertaking a prolonged time trial style effort. A structured warm down is then undertaken.
Your booking will include:
Cost £100 - Book Today
- A personal appointment lasting up to two hours
- Evaluation of your previous training history
- Review of your goals
- Undertaking a pre test warm up, the test & warm down
- A performance review detailing the results of your test
- Identification of your Critical Power figure (CP)
- Identification of your Functional Threshold Power (FTP)
- Identification of your threshold heart rate.
- Advice on specific sessions to improve your Critical Power & FTP